Several sources have published updated information on the future camera, with advanced video capabilities from Canon. This is a Canon EOS R5c mirrorless camera.
This camera will be announced in the first half of next 2022. Canon EOS R5c will receive the following characteristics (some data have not been previously published):
- Canon Log 3 and Canon Log 2 profiles, the latter according to the source, are still being tested.
- Unlimited 8K 30fps video recording in Cinema RAW Light, XF-AVC, and MP4.
- Multifunctional hot shoe port, same as the Canon EOS R3, which allows you to work with a variety of accessories, incl. and Tascam XLR.
- Active cooling system to help fight to overheat of the Canon EOS R5c.
- 3/8 ″ or 1/4 ″ mounts on the viewfinder for a top handle that does not interfere with the hot shoe (all sources have confirmed this information).
- Full-size HDMI port.
- The new LCD display has been pushed back to accommodate the cooling fan. It probably means that it will not be recessed into the body like the Canon EOS R5.
And although there is still a lot of time before the official announcement, if the company really implements all these possibilities, this camera will become no less popular than the original model among videographers. It is not yet known if it will receive the same matrix as the EOS R5.
Read Article: Canon EOS Kiss M2 live action Review
Let me remind you that the cost of Canon EOS R5 in Russia is 373 thousand rubles.
It is Let me remind you that the latest newest camera from Canon, which came out just recently, was the black version of the PowerShot Zoom electronic monocle. Let me remind you that this is a compact concept camera from Canon with 100-400mm optical zoom. a number of sources have published two interesting patents under the numbers JP2021167921 and JP2021167982. The documentation for these patents contains descriptions of a number of optical designs for mirrorless lenses.
What’s interesting is that the three fast prime lenses described in. The first application are designed for a sensor larger than APS-C, but smaller than a full-frame one. It can be assumed that these super aperture prime lenses are designed for the Super-35 RF-mount sensor. At the same time, these lenses will not be compatible with a regular camera of the EOS R series. Perhaps this is the matrix that will be in the future 8K Canon EOS R5c camera.